GARRY LEWIS 3DVFX Art Director
1269 Sadie Court | Sugarhill, Georgia 30518
email@example.com | www.kungfujackrabbit.com | (770) 546 2466
• HDR Image Creation • Maya • Max
• Project Management • ZBrush • Nuke
• 3D Modeling • AE CS5 • PS CS5
• Texturing, UV layout • Red Camera • Cannon 5D
• 3D Lighting • MS Project • MS Excel
• 3D Rendering • MS Word
Summary of Qualifications:
• Digital Tutors Creative development series artist 2011
• 12 Years of industry experience
• 9 Years experience as the manager/Art Director
• Feature film “Dungeons and Dragons” Modeling, Texturing, Lighting.
• “Discreet” Demo artist at Siggraph
• Cry engine experience, Game Art Direction and level creation.
• Author of Maya Fundamentals for New Riders Publishing
• Degree in Architecture and Product Design
• As Creative Director I lead team and outsourced studios to build entire island of Singapore.
• President Student Council, School of Interior Architecture 1999-2000
• Deans Advisory Committee School of Architecture KSU 1999-2000
Meggitt Training Systems (2008 – Present)
• Responsible for vision and direction of the department.
• I maintain the scheduling and budget for the 3D Visual Effects department.
• Art Direction and Pipeline development
• Mentoring of Lead 3D Artist and Senior 3D Artists
• Responsible for a yearly Research and Development project.
• This internal R&D project allows me to propose new directions in technology and graphics.
• Responsible for successfully introducing new engine into the core product line. Dramatically changing the product line of the company.
Fire Arms Training Systems (Mar2004 – 2008)
• Department utilization increased to 98% within 1st year.
• Lead artist then promoted to Art Director.
• Project sizes and responsibilities increased steadily.
• Photo reference gathering on location around the world.
• Art Direction and project manager.
• Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Rendering, Concept drawing.
Sheperds Pie Productions (Oct 2003 – 2004)
Lead 3D Artist
• “Summer Camp” 3D animated Feature film production.
• Nurbs models
• Shader creating and texture painting
• Story design as well as environment design.
Events Seats (June 2002 – 2002)
3D Project Manager
• Art Direction
• Defined user experience for 3D stadium seating.
• Pipeline creation for multiple Sports stadiums.
• Oversaw schedule and asset creation from 3D Artists.
Fearless Eye Animation studio (Feb 2001 – 2002)
3D VFX artist
• Video editing and compositing.
• 3D Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Rendering
• Clients included Sprint, Fox news, KC Chiefs, Mizzou.
• Website design for multiple clients
Discreet Santa Monica, California 2001 - 2001
Discreet Demo Artist – Siggraph
• Demo Artist at Siggraph 2001 in L.A.
• Week long “Boot Camp” at the Discreet office in Santa Monica.
• At Siggraph conference I demonstrated demos in Max, Character Studio, and minimal Combustion projects.
• Question and Answer sessions regarding capabilities of Max.
• Character studios animation capabilities were a big pull for my demo station.
Digital Firepower Hollywood, California 2000 - 2000
3D VFX Artist
• Modeling, Texturing, Lighting of scenes in Film Dungeons and Dragons.
• FX PHD online school Sydney, Australia Spring Term 2012
• FX PHD online school Sydney, Australia Spring Term 2011
• MS Project – Certification – Gwinnett Technical College
Fundamentals course completed
Advanced course completed
• Bachelors of Interior Architecture, Product Design
Kansas State University Manhattan, Kansas 1996 - 2000
• Johnson County Community College Overland Park, Kansas 1994 - 1996
• Motion Graphics of Los Angeles Group (member 11yrs)
• Kansas City Animators and Graphic Artists (KCAGA 14yrs)
• ACM – 2010 Siggraph to Present
Licenses and Certifications
• Project management MS Project – Certification – Gwinnett Technical College